Intermittent Fasting, Some people call it a ‘Diet ‘ But it’s more of a Lifestyle.
Intermittent Fasting is cycles of Fasting and Feasting, Now, it’s not some new concept as it’s more natural and ancient.
From Ancient Times, during rituals of many civilizations like: Hindus, Muslims, etc. They performed fasting.
Now, From recent studies, and researches we come to know about the benefits of fasting.
And when people came to know about fasting benefits and how easy it is.
A new trend and name was made: Intermittent Fasting.
Benefits of Intermittent Fasting:
Here are the lists of benefits:
1. Promote Fat Loss: It’s the main benefit which attract most of the people. It’s easier than a diet and also stimulate more hormones for fat loss.
2. Prevent Muscle Loss: when in diet there’s always a risk of losing some muscle mass, as the body instead of burning fat, it starts to break muscles more energy.
3. Increase Growth Hormone: increased GH Levels as it’s own good benefits, but it helps in fat loss, muscle retention, better skin, and more.
4. Lower the risk of type 2 diabetes: it is done by increasing insulin sensitivity, In type 2 diabetes your insulin does not have much effects because your body create a resistance towards or decrease in insulin sensitivity.
5. Stronger Immune System: Because of increase in GH levels, your immune system also get strengthen.
6. Longer Life Span: Research suggests that doing IF increases lifespan and decreases heart diseases.
7. A Natural Way to Eat: Overall, IF is a very natural way to eat as since, from prehistoric we are eating this way. But now, in modern age, most of us eat, eat and eat every other hour.
How It Works:
The Main theory behind Intermittent fasting is that:
“When your insulin levels goes down and if it’s stay down for long enough then, your body starts to burn fat for fuel.”
Now, If you don’t know What insulin is? and What I am Saying? Then,
Let me simplify, insulin is a hormone in your body which enables glucose to store fat cells, and lowers your sugar levels.
Insulin triggers when you eat. And when your insulin level is high then, your body will not burn fats.
As Simple as that, so to burn fat you need to lower insulin levels. To lower insulin, we fast for a longer period of time.
Now, decrease in insulin Levels, also results in increase in Growth Hormone levels. So, more benefits.
How To Do It:
There are actually no right ways to fasting, that’s why there are many variations of Intermittent Fasting.
1. The Most Popular 16/8: In this, you are going to fast for 16 hours and then only eat during the 8 hour gap. After the 8 hour, you are not going to eat for another 16 hours. It very easy and Recommended for Beginners.
2. Warrior Diet (20/4): This is a little advanced when you done 16/8 for quite a long time, then you can increase your fast time from 16 to 20 hours a day. And then you will have only 4 hours to eat.
3. Alternate Day Fasting: In this, you are going to fast for entire day and then eat the next day and then again start fasting the next day.
How to Adjust Timing:
Let me tell you adjusting timing for intermittent fasting is more easier than you think.
For this I am going to demonstrate for 16/8:
Now, I will recommend adjusting time of fasting around sleeping. Like: Do fasting at 6 pm then you will eating after the next day 10 am.
Then, eat the lunch and dinner at 6 pm and then again don’t eat.
I am recommending adjusting your fasting time around sleeping so that most of your fasting is done while sleeping.
How to Break the Fast:
When it comes to breaking the fast, you can eat anything, but if your Goal is Fat Loss. Then, break your fast by eating some protein food.
By consuming protein, your body will absorbed it more quickly and still it will not increase your insulin level very high.
After that, you can eat carbs and fats.
Intermittent Fasting FAQS:
Here are the common Questions relating to Intermittent Fasting.
Can you build muscles while Intermittent Fasting?
Yes, you can. Make sure of some few things. As insulin is required for protein synthesis, and protein synthesis is required for Muscle Growth.
So, What you can Do is: Adjust your workout and fasting window such that you can Eat food after doing the workout.
Like: let’s say your feasting window is from 10am to 6pm so, workout in the morning before 10 am and then after the workout eat food, That way you can get the benefit of insulin to build muscles and Growth Hormones of Intermittent Fasting.
What can I do to Burn More fat Faster?
Intermittent Fasting is a good starting for fat-loss journey. But If you want to accelerate even that and want to burn more fat Faster then,
Do Intermittent Fasting with Keto Diet, Keto Diet is simply a diet consist of High Fats, Moderate Proteins, and Low Carbs.
You may think how High Fat and Low carbs diet can help so, hear this.
With more fat and less carbs, you are pushing your body in keto state and this is the state where magic happens.
In Keto State, Your body starts to use fat for fuel instead of carbs, as a result your body will burning more fat from your body.
And the added benefits of Intermittent Fasting, this will be the Ultimate Combination For Fat Loss.
How Long it will take to get Results?
Well, Stop asking this, It’s depend from person to person. Just eat healthy, workout, stay consistent and you will soon see results within some months.
Remember: “The Consistent One gets the Results “
What Can I Eat in Intermittent Fasting?
Intermittent Fasting is not a Diet, it’s a way to eating and fasting. So, you can eat whatever in your limited eating time period.
What you can eat is up to your Goals and Diet.
For How Long I can do Intermittent Fasting?
It also depends on you. If you can fast for 20 hours then It’s fine.
Research shows that Fasting for 2-3 days can increase your Growth Hormones Levels upto 1000%
But that will be overkill for most Beginners. So, the recommended is 16/8.
When did you See the Results?
Well, I hadn’t experienced any results for one and half months. After then, I noticed that my jeans was very loose and I needed a Belt.
Is there any Side Effects?
Well, Intermittent Fasting is very natural and harmless. But as you change your diet, Your body will react and try to adjust to the new Diet.
So, You may feel some things like fatigue and hunger, but it is normal and will go within a week.
Intermittent Fasting is very natural and very easy diet for fat loss, this destroys many excuses people make.
It’s also how our body supposed to eat. Hey, c’mon we are not cows, who will constantly eating. And this is also reason why they are very fat.
We are Predators, We Hunt, Kill and then Eat. This is how we are designed to function.
Now, Start your fat loss journey with ease.
Until Next Time,